Senior Process Engineer – Combustion
As part of its growth plan, Aecometric Corporation is currently looking for suitable candidates for the above-mentioned vacancies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design high intensity burners, chambers and related valve trains, ignition and control systems for Sulfur Recovery Units (SRUs) in oil refinery, natural gas, petrochemical and coal cleaning industries
- Design high intensity air heaters and related valve trains, ignition and control systems used in chemical, ethanol, cement, mining, building materials and other industries
- Carry out process calculations on mass and energy balance, valve trains, flow pressure drop, refractories, pipelines and instrument valves with respect to burner and chamber designs
- Be responsible for mechanical size, pressure vessel, CFD, load, interface load and stress analysis, lifting lug, support lug and saddle calculations
- Prepare, check and audit overall layouts, P&ID, manufacturing details
- Monitor the ordering of main valves, instruments and components while inspecting equipment received
- Responsible for the preparation and review of combustion equipment technical datasheets and installation, maintenance and operation manuals
- Work with electrical engineers to establish burner operation procedures, safety interlock and control principles, causal diagrams, etc.
- Provide technical advice to end-users on overcoming issues in high intensity combustion systems, on avoiding damage to refractories and other equipment during operations, on reducing emissions, maximizing fuel saving and optimizing burner performance
- Guide and support company’s internal team and conducting technical training
Terms of Employment:
Permanent, Full Time
Anticipated Start Date:
University degree in Chemical and/or Mechanical Engineering
Experience and Credentials:
Minimum 5 years of experience in Combustion Calculation and Design is a must.
Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association.
If interested, please email your CV/resume in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.